Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CREATURE WATCH!- July 23rd 2008

Have we become those people who constantly talk about boring things like the weather and their pets? Or in this case, our backyard creatures? (the weather's been off and on by the way.....) As I browse around our blog, I've become alarmed at the number of references to hedgehogs, frogs, sheep, geese, etc. I'm starting to worry that our garden gnome has ceased to be ironic, and really is just normal garden decor.................Oh well! Here's the newest member of the family..........a newt. We call him Daniel, and on occasion we sing him the Elton John song by the same name.

In other, more exciting news, we had more visitors! My friend Chelsea, and her mom Robbie were here over the weekend while traveling through England. We were absolutely terrible tour guides, and both women left saying they knew nothing about Oxford! However, we had some really great meals, conversations, and most importantly, some really good wine! While they were here, I decided to flex my Martha Stewart muscle and I made a berry cobbler. Yum! Here is proof of our visitors, and the cobbler. Yes, we do have more than newts to share with you all......although I'm realizing that the newt made it into this post before our friends.......sorry Chels. :)

One last thing: Back at home, my brother has been working at a cooking camp teaching middle school kids how to cook. He challenged me to make something awesome in light of his new job. So, to Adam, my cobbler says......."GAME ON brother!"

No comments: