We've been away so long, we missed you! We'd love to say life has been so busy and hectic that we haven't had time to write. That's partly true. In reality, we have been t-boned by the British weather system! It's really not very different from home, but for some odd reason, snow on Easter took us by surprise this year, and totally ruined our easter egg hunt we had planned! Whilst stuck inside we've found various ways to amuse ourselves.
Pete has taken up reading German translations of Latin epitaphs..........I'll wait while you read that again..........now I'll wait while you wipe the tears from your eyes.
I, on the other hand have found a new zest for life in the form of a new job. You should know that last sentence was ripe with sarcasm as my job just may be the most boring job on the face of the earth. Essentially, I work for the University dealing with staff records. I spend all day, every day, inputting codes into a database for......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Whoa, sorry, that happens everytime I try to explan what I do now! C'est la vie!
We had some visitors earlier this month! Chris and Kim, 2 very good friends from college came to see us. Oh, the adventures we had! Chris rented a car, and we braved the open road on the left side. It was terrifying and exhilerating all at once. After a couple curb checks, we found our bearings and drove south through the Cotswolds and ended up in a little teeny town south of Bath. We saw sheep, LOTS of sheep, and baby lambs! So cute until they turn around and you get a first hand view of how baby lambs go to the bathroom. straight down the back of their legs. charming.
We saw lots of sites, and got soaked as it rained almost the entire time. All four of us now have a solid appreciation for the organization of the American roadways. God bless easy-to-read road signs and very FEW roundabouts! Driving in Britain gave us yet another justification for the Revolutionary War! (my apologies to anyone who lost loved ones in the war. I didn't mean to be insensitive.) Anyway, there are a few photos down below from our trip. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment