Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sam gets a job- Dec. 2nd 2007

Well, I’ve done it. I have my first job in Britain. I’m working for a small jewelry store right on the High St. (The main street that runs through town with lots of good shops.) It’s called Pia, feel free to check out the website. I’ve been hired for the holidays with a possibility of staying on after January, though I’d like to find something more permanent, preferably with a swivel chair. Those things are just hours of fun…am I right?!?!?! I’m making a pittance, which is just a bit more than a dribble, but much better than a smidgen! I’ve just worked four days in a row and my feet are burning, as we are standing the whole day. The big perk is that I get free jewelry, although I’m hugely biased towards Hum Designs, so I’m not as dazzled as I probably should be. If you're unfamiliar with Hum, take a peek at the website. Shannon is the dog's bullocks* at designing, and will mail things if you're interested. Anyway, it’s nice to have some money rolling in. Pete has such a crazy shoe fetish, it’s been hard to keep up! My co-worker taught me a new word today. Having a source of income is totally nang! (great) Use it at will.


*end note: very similar to "the bee's knees"

No comments: