Alright, hello everyone. I figure it's about time that I actually wrote one of these entries, and about time that we simply added another entry in general. Life is absolutely busy at the moment with far too much going on to even try to keep up. Seminars and lectures are going very well for me right now; there is a "veritable plethora" (cf. the film 'Trekkies' for quoted) of lectures being given each week on so many topics I can't even count. Oxford is definately my type of candy store. I know, I'm a bit of nerd and I'm strutting it, rolling around in it, nay, basking in it. Anyway, as the term goes by it's going to get a bit tougher for me to keep going to all the lectures that I would like to while also keeping up on my individual research (which is the primary concern of my degree). Oh well, there just ain't time for everything. For any of you wondering what types of classes I'm going to, it's kind of a smorgasboard right now: Roman history both imperial and republican, Indo-European comparative philology and Homeric Greek, Greek Vases, Roman Coins.....you know, the usual.
Concerning our domestic life, well, that's a bit of lunacy at the moment. Aside from battling fits of home-sickness (which seems to creep up on both of us at strange and bizaare moments), the flat we've rented has a few problems with it and our letting agency is a bit out of it when it comes to getting on top of things. For starters, the stove is a fake one, yep, I've got no clue how, or at what point, that seemed like a good idea to someone. We are still waiting for a second key to the flat; right now we just make sure to go everywhere together. Additionally, there are a number of other fun little fix-its that need to get done which we are STILL waiting on. I'm starting to think that our letting agency thinks it's a waiting game.......if that's the case, well, game on. We'll see what they're made of. Make sure to tune in as Sam and I wade through the doldrums of tv/internet installation in the coming weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment