Anyway, back to the lecture at hand. We drove from Barthelona up to the south of France to the medieval walled city of Carcassonne. Here are a few fun facts about Carcassonne: It's a walled city, with a castle inside. It looks like Disneyland, but it's real. It's medieval. And most importantly, it was the filming location of the cinematic masterpiece, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which just so happens to be one of my favorite movies ever! I mean seriously, who doesn't appreciate Kevin Costner, in tights, not even attempting an English accent. Not to mention the highly talented, and wildly underrated Mister Alan Rickman playing the baddy Sheriff of Nottingham. This is movie gold people! I spent the entire time we toured Carcassonne reciting lines from the movie. I thought you all might appreciate a few of the best bits:
Guy of Gisborne: "Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?"
Sheriff of Nottingham: "Because it's DULL you twit. It'll hurt more"
Duncan the blind guy: "Curse those Moors and Saracens. If it wasn't for their ungodly ways, master Robin would never have left. What manner of name is Azeem? Scottish? Cornish
Azeem: "Moorish"
Marian: "ROOOOOOOOBBBIIIIINNNNN!"
And the best movie line ever: Marian:"You came for me.....You're alive..."
Robin: "I would die for you"
Hit it Bryan!
Feel free to let this play as you scroll through our lovely photos. Sing along, you know you want to.
My husband thinks he's funny.
They light it up at night, which I couldn't help thinking must cost a fortune!

That's all for now. Thanks for playin.





1 comment:
Hey! Guess where I am right now?? 10k outside of Carcassonne!!
Post a Comment