Thursday, November 11, 2010

We interrupt our regularly scheduled posting...

Sorry for the delay, I know I am due to post about Maine. We’ve been sick around here lately, and while the rough stuff has passed, there is still that lingering cough that will occasionally bring us to our knees. This morning I was in the shower, and hacked up what can only be described as Slimer from Ghostbusters. I was mesmerized, and just kinda stared at it before I washed it/him down the drain. I came out and told Pete about it, and while his voice said “ew”, his face said “awesome”. I totally agreed.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about why I love Martha Stewart. The reasons are 3 fold:


1. She did time, and that totally makes her a little bit thug in my book. I’m not saying what she did was ok (what did she do again??) but ever since her time in the big house, she’s had some awesome guests on her show. My personal fave being Luda, who made a delightful looking cake using his new line of Cognac. Yes please!


2. During her time in the slammer, she started a knitting group with her fellow ladies in the pen. I have always wanted to take a knitting class, and if Martha ever gets busted again, I would seriously consider doing something to land myself in the slammer, and take a knitting class from the master on the state’s dime! It’s a win, win.


3. Her recipes are the boss. Hands down, the woman knows how to cook. And for that, we love her.

This weekend, we were both feeling somewhat healthy, but not too motivated to go out and do anything. So we stayed home and made a Rustic Apple Crostata with Cheddar Crust. Um, yeah……..
It was delicious. We made our own crust, which as the name implies had Vermont White cheddar cheese in it. Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on the apples, add a hint of lemon juice so they don’t brown. My mouth is watering just writing about it. Is 10:30am too early for dessert?


It was heaven, and the recipe can be found in the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living. It’s the one with all the slices of pie on the front. Which is precisely why I bought the magazine without even cracking the cover. Pies on the front?? Sold.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I want a slice! looks yummy...

lindsaybrooke said...

amen to trying martha stuff! looks beautiful btw!

mom said...

yum, can you make it at Christmas time for us???loved the Boston pics too!

Anonymous said...

Sam, I miss miss miss you so stinkin much. This post is why. I am cracking up. Slimer, seriously?! Plus your top 3 reasons you love Martha! When when when are you moving back?! We need a trivial pursuit night! I hope your apple crustata was delicious as it looks. Your long lost roommate, Al

Stefan said...

I love Nelson Mandela, for your reason number 1.