This morning, Pete ran up to the little bodega down the road to get some beer.......I mean milk. He triumphantly returned with not only milk, but Bisquick. Oh yeah! We've made pancakes over here once before, when I tried out a homemade pancake batter recipe. It was good, but they were thick, and we both got a little sick after eating 17 each. Bisquick creates light, fluffy, yummy pancakes, and it can be pretty hard to find over here. Needless to say, we were two very excited Americans.
Scooping the batter onto the pan, I remembered when my favorite college roommate used to make either pancakes or waffles, and she always let me have a spoonful of the batter. Raw egg, weird powder mixture and milk? Oh yum. She was the best roommate ever, not just for that reason, but it certainly didn't hurt her standings in the final vote. I realize my other roommates read this blog, and I promise to name you guys as my favorites in another post. Please don't hate me.
Now this was a morning of quite a few good things. But hands down, the best part of the morning was when I placed the cling wrap over the left-over pancake batter and managed to get it completely, perfectly, exquisitely smooth. I took pictures.
Notice how tight and smooth it's stretched over the bowl? You could bounce a quarter off of it. But please don't, because you might mess it up. I love this, I get a sick pleasure from the perfection of this cling wrap. I realize this is disturbing to many of you, but I figure I'm still a highly functioning psychopath, so it's cool. There may come a day when my spidey sense pics up a floppy, wrinkle ridden cling wrap job, and I'll burst into each of your houses, carefully inspecting your leftovers with little bits of foam in the corners of my mouth. But until then, I'm fine..............
Thank you for listening, now I'm gonna go make sure it's still nice and smooth. Something in the fridge might have jostled it.....
Thank you for listening, now I'm gonna go make sure it's still nice and smooth. Something in the fridge might have jostled it.....
3 comments:
have you tried "Press & Seal"? it is a beautiful thing ;)
Woah, I'm overwhelmed. Is this what it feels like to be famous? Even if you didn't mention my name specifically, it's quite obvious you're referring to my pancake/waffle making days, and I just cannot accept this honor completely until I recognize that some of the very best waffles I ever created were on the waffle maker you gave me. She still gets regular use today. Peter doesn't ever want the batter though. That's a bit odd.
ps...Kendall is going to be so pissed at you. She finally knows the truth. You like me better!!! HA!
Post a Comment