This is a buckeye...........kindy spikey. Let's keep looking.

This is a buckeye too. Much more aesthetically pleasing. Although just laying there in the grass like that, it kinda looks like a doodie............don't act like you weren't thinking it.
Ummm, we've been told this is a buckeye.........................ok.

And, the newest addition to the species: these incredibly attractive folks! As of not so very long ago and still unofficially, Team VDP are buckeyes. whoa. I told you it was heavy.
We are happy, excited, nervous, and a little overwhelmed to tell ya'll that Pete has been accepted to Ohio State University for his PhD work, beginning this fall. (they say ya'll in Ohio right?) He was offered a four year, fully funded position plus a stipend and TAship.
Now, I'm sure that means something to someone........ Oh wait, that's us! It means something to us! It means that Pete can finally start earnin' his keep around here. It means we'll be moving back to the States! Holla! It means we're becoming mid-westerners? Or Easterners? Does anybody know the official position? It's kind of on the border of both, so we're confused.
Now, we're both West Coasters at heart. Or, as we like to say it....."best coasters". (ba dum, chhhh) Moving back to the States is an incredibly exciting thought. We pee a little each time we think about it, laundry has increased ten fold in our household. But we're gonna be honest, we have NO idea what Ohio will be like. We will not be seeing the ocean on a daily basis, which makes us sad. But, we are hoping to make up for it by finding some seriously yummy food, like greasy-spoon diner type food. (They like food in Ohio, right?)
So that's our big news. We're moving home, but not really home, home. We are super duper excited for Pete to begin this new adventure in academia, and our new adventure in life. So now, you guys get to help us out. Who knows anything about Ohio, specifically Columbus? Anybody been there? Anybody know if there is an Ikea? Or better yet, a Crate and Barrel????
Also, just in case anyone was worried about our last post, we did eventually let Tay inside. And, after only a few loads of dishes and laundry, she got to sleep in a bed! We have been to Spain, France, and back, so those posts will be coming sometime in the near future. Until next time......


8 comments:
Well i know that "Hang On Sloopy" is the official state rock song of Ohio. I also know that Cleveland is home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Oh, and The Drew Cary Show is set in Cleveland, OH. Um..and for you Sam, Ohio was the first state to enact laws protecting working women! And the only other thing I know about Ohio is that it's home of the buckeyes, which you definitely already established, haha.
Hope this makes you more excited, haha.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/store/west_chester
They are everywhere!
you realize the doodie, looks like the head of OSU mascot! now it all makes sense.
congrats PEte! though i was hoping to be one of many to visit you in England.
welcome home guys.
Yea for the states! And congrats to Pete! I bet that is a huge weight off not having to worry about it anymore. And they do NOT say "ya'll" in Ohio...they are pretty far north on that thing we call the USA! :)
Wikipedia says that Columbus is plagued by hot, muggy summers and cold dry winters. Delightful :) But more interestingly, it points out that evidence of ancient mound-building societies abounds in the region near the confluence of the Scioto and Olentangy rivers. Mound Street, located in downtown Columbus, was so named because of its proximity to a large Native American burial mound. You should check that out :)
K, enough!
YAY! Congrats to Pete, especially all the perks - very nice. I know nothing about Ohio - however my husband loves the football team, rrreeeeaaallll big there - go figure :) SO very excited you guys will at least be within a 4 hour plane ride.
Kick Ass!! And crap. What in the world am I going to do now? Who will hold? Comfort me? Bring joy to my inner most being? Petr....there's a whole in my heart that can only be filled by you, and your buckeye- as it turns out.
yay! Isn't Drew Carey from Ohio? He's cool. Well, a little less cool now that he took over Bob Barker's price is right. oh yeah, and buckeyes rock. I actually have a recipe for "buckeyes" they are really good. A peanut butter concoction of sorts dipped in chocolate :) I will send it to you in an email... love you friends!
Hey there! My friend Renae Tucker told me to check out your blog because I'm actually from Ohio! Ohio is part of the midwest, and I don't think most of us say y'all. :) I'm not from Columbus but my cousin's husband works at OSU. I can't remember his name... Anyway, I live in Tacoma now. Get ready for some intense sports fans!!
Post a Comment