We gave into peer pressure and participated in this silly list that's been sweeping the nation. If you don't have facebook (stay strong), here are our lists. We actually had a good time putting them together, even though it took both of us a solid week to complete.
We each did one, so without further adeu......
Sam's list:
1. I really love to paint, and wish I could do it more often. I also wish I was messier about it. At the moment, I’m a really clean painter.
2. I also love to quilt, but sometimes I get embarrassed becasue it’s something granny’s do. I promise what I do isn’t fuddy-duddy. I’m trying to bring it back. It’s a revival!
3. My cat is a majestic beast. He is the size of a large cocker spaniel, and is generally a grumpy character, but he still melts my heart.
4. I love my family a whole lot. We may be small, but we’re scrappy. We’re tight, like tighty-whities.
5. I think my husband is super duper cool. He’s really funny, incredibly sweet, and makes the best spicy sausage pasta ever. Holla!
6. I’m not a big cryer........ except when it comes to old people. If I see anything sad or unfortunate about the elderly, I start blubbering like a baby. Even a cute old couple walking down the street will get me going. Old people are my kryptonite.
7. I love Harry Potter way more than a woman of my age should. Seriously..... I know everything there is to know about the wizarding world. I wouldn’t say they’re my FAVORITE books ever, but that’s only becasue I’m too embarassed. They really are my favortie. Don’t judge me.
8. I like to write, it makes me happy. I especially like to write about things that are funny. I think it would be great to be an advice columnist, think about all the crazy funny things you’d hear in that job!
9. I’m pretty blunt. I get it from my mother.
10. Pete and I have an ongoing deabte. He thinks the reason most of the covers are on my side in the morning is b/c I pull them over in my sleep. I think it’s because he pushes them over, when he sticks one leg outside of the covers in the middle of the night. We may never know the real reason. (secretly I know I’m right.)
11. I fully embrace the fact that I am a child of the 80’s. When I was just a youngin’, I had these amazing dangly earrings that said “New” on one side, and “Kids” on the other. They were bodacious. If I still had them, I would SO rock them!
12. Two of my most favorite musical artists of all time are, Joni Mitchell & The Cure. Weird, I know. I accept it and rock out.
13. As a child, I had very serious ambitions to become a dolphin/whale trainer. I LOVED Sea World and could see myself soaring through the air on the tip of Shamu’s nose. Not sure what happened with that, but I know the heights thing would be an issue for me. Plus there’s that whole fear of being eaten by a giant whale.
14. I love the sun. A LOT. Not just because it’s warm and bright and makes you tan, but I’ve discovered that it genuinely puts me in a better mood. I just really really love the sun.
15. I really like kids. I’m pretty excited to be a mom, but know that now is definitely not the right time. My husband is a perpetual student which means I bring home the bacon. Kids and bacon don’t really mix, ask any medical professional.
16. Pete and I became friends in our 10th grade English class. We were both really good students, but we talked ALL the time. One day Mrs. Johnson totally snapped and told us to “just go on a date and get it over with.” We were mortified. A short 4 years later, we finally did. (cue the ‘awww’s’)
17. I was born and did some of my growing up in SanDiego. One particular year was spent in the ghetto......seriously. I have witnessed several gang initiations and one drive by. I think this makes me a little bit thug.
18. I’m sarcastic, and its gotten me into some trouble. I’m trying to cut back, but sometimes a situation just calls for sarcasm. Like when you’re telling your husband that black and navy totally go together.......
19. I know every line in Dirty Dancing. I watched it a trillion times growing up. Watching it as an adult, I realize how inappropriately above my maturity level this movie was. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
20. I think being married is really really fun. A lot of work, but seriously the best thing I’ve ever done.
21. I like to play pranks on my Uncle. One time, while he was out, I hid a garden gnome in his toilet for when he came home. Little did I know, he was bringing a date home, and she needed to use the restroom. She did NOT find the pointy red hat sticking out of the toilet funny. He never went out with her again. Whoops!
22. Living in England has given me a totally new appreciation for the States. I love them, especially the Puget Sound. There’s no place like home.
23. I didn’t have a curfew until the summer after I graduated from highschool. A few friends and I got caught “borrowing” a large sign from school property. The worst is we were caught by the district’s lame-o security guard. A security guard!!!!! I’m humiliated.
24. I am neither a ‘morning person’ or a ‘night person’. Can you be an ‘afternoon person’? If so, I’m that.
25. 25 is too many. I’m using this one as my free pass.
**********************************************************************************
Pete's list:
1. I’ve had a couple concussions in my life. One more and I think it’s a free hospital visit.
2. The first music album I remember buying on my own was M.C. Hammer………………..worth every penny.
3. I often layer my clothing, even when it’s not cold outside. It’s a bad habit I started as a kid. Two shirts. Shorts over my boxers, all under the pants I’m wearing. I’m embarrassed, it’s a little compulsive.
4. Speaking of being compulsive, routines are crazy hard for me to break out of. Not the best at spontaneity.
5. One time back in my high school days, my friend and I were driving off-road near Sisters, Oregon and we came upon two people in the middle of a dirt road, pants down loving on each other. They were mortified and the girl quickly yanked her dungarees up from around her ankles. We reached a dead end about 300 yards down the road and had to turn around. When we came back, not more than 45 seconds later, they were back at it and she had her pants down again. I have never seen more commitment than that.
6. I was born in the Chicago area. I still get a knot in my throat when I think of the Cubs’ loss in the 2003 playoffs. And I’m still secretly angry at the fan that got in the way of the foul ball.
7. I’ve gone to fairly great lengths to go see Phish play. They’re reuniting and back on tour this summer, and I’m now in danger of becoming an aging hipster. I’m fine with it.
8. I used to be much more snobbish/conceited in my music appreciation. I would make fun of my wife for listening to Joni Mitchell. Then I listened to some Joni and realized….she was singing what my heart-dreams would sound like if they were put to music. Sssshhhhh. I know, I know.
9. Good Mexican food is something to treasure. If you’re not nodding your head right now, you haven’t truly experienced the glory.
10. The guitar is my favorite instrument.
11. To revive an old 90’s debate….skis or snowboard? Skis forever.
12. I secretly enjoy embarrassing my wife by making jokes that totally cross the line. Apparently I was scheduled to grow up years ago.
13. To me, making good coffee is art.
14. I haven’t gained weight since I was about 17. That either makes me very lucky, or very physically stunted.
15. There used to be a Golden Grahams cereal commercial in the 80’s with ‘So Happy Together’ as the backing music. For some reason it’s one of my fondest memories from my childhood.
16. I collected baseball cards like crazy as a kid. Does anybody do that anymore? Do they even make baseball cards anymore?
17. In college my friend bought a giant gumball from one of those 25cent machines right inside the entrance of a grocery store. As he began to chew, it expanded so much that it clogged his throat and he started coughing and then vomited all over the parking lot. I didn’t help him because I was laughing hysterically. I’ve got a lot to answer for in my life.
18. I’d much rather be too cold than too hot.
19. Normally I wear a beard. One time I shaved everything but my mustache. If I was going for the creepy look…………nailed it!
20. I’m not really tech-savvy, so I could be equating apples to oranges here, but I think the ipod was a better invention than the airplane.
21. I think I’m a fairly average dancer, but I REALLY want to be able to do ‘the worm’ one day.
22. Scariest movie I’ve ever seen is ‘The Ring’. Suffice to say I don’t really watch those kinds of films anymore.
23. I believe that the ‘Lord of the Rings’ and the ‘Silmarillion’ are, from a linguistic standpoint, the best pieces of English literature from the 20th century.
24. I wish I was more creative. Too much academic stuff floating around in my head.
25. I married my wife Sam because, in a 5-day continuous sentence she can point out every single one of my flaws, yet, when it’s over she still thinks the sun shines out my backside. So romantic.
1 comment:
Yea for the curfew! You were the only one busted dang it. I've never been more scared of your mom. And we gave everything back so I think we deserve a pass.
Post a Comment