Recently a dear blog reader/stalker (Jenny, I’m looking at you) pointed out that I haven’t posted anything on this here blog since Christmas. Shocked, I rushed over to my blog to see if she was telling the truth…..turns out she was. So, I began to create an elaborate excuse that started out with me getting into a bear fight, then transitioned into a story involving garden gnomes, and it just didn’t end well, so I scrapped it.
The truth of the matter is, I’ve been a total blog fail for 2011, and lets face it, I didn’t do so hot in 2010 either. So, I hereby solemnly swear to do better. Now Jenny, please stop calling me in the middle of the night. You are not in fact a “collection agency”, and I know it’s you.
Peter had a birthday just a few days ago, and it was a big one! He turned the big 3-0. I’ve already turned in the paperwork to trade him in for a younger model, but I’ve heard it takes a while, so for now, it’s a waiting game. I always had grandiose ideas that significant birthdays should warrant significant celebrations. We had planned to spend the weekend in Cleveland….(I know, you’re jealous. Try to contain yourself.) Unfortunately, Cleveland got some serious snow, and neither of us wanted to “explore” a new, “exciting” city in 6 inches of snow. Call us pansy west coasters if you will.
Thankfully, the powers that be at Verizon heard our birthday pleas, and sent us 2 new iphones right before his birthday! We have been loyal Verizon customers since we moved back to the good ol’ USA, and have been WAITING for the iphone for what seems like an eternity. Well, Happy Birthday hun, I will now return all your other presents, b/c we just paid for 2 new iphones!!! Hooray!!!!!
For all those who like the pictures, here they are: Our two brand new bundles of joy!
We got them on a Saturday, and we had fancy birthday dinner reservations that evening at 7pm. Peter played Angry Birds on his phone from approximately 1pm-6:30pm when I made him get dressed for dinner. I on the other hand played it cool and pretended like I’d had this sweet baby for years. I ran to Target, and did a little shopping. After about 40 minutes of perusing the aisles, I got to the checkout and realized I had left my purse at home…..but damnit, I had my new phone! Cool as a cucumber I tell you!
We managed to pull ourselves together and made it to dinner, using our trusty iphone map app for directions. I hadn’t fully finished beautifying myself, so I ran to the ladies to throw on a little mascara. Wouldn’t you know that the bathroom was smaller than my pinky finger! So I snuck into a stall, plopped myself down on the toilet seat, downloaded a “mirror” app, and applied the rest of my face in seconds flat! Meanwhile, Pete sat at the bar and perused the dinner menu not on paper, but on his phone of course! Yes, we are “those people.” It was an apple commercial waiting to happen!
Dear Apple,
Feel free to contact us for marketing strategies; we are available and willing to be paid.
Kindest regards,
The VanDerPuys
All this is to say, Happy Birthday to Peter. I was totally joking about trading you in for a younger model. Apparently, that isn’t allowed until the 50th birthday! Who knew?!?
The new face of 30! (and his lovely wife)

3 comments:
Great post, happy 30th Pete!! :D
I stalk you because I love you...isn't that what all the stalkers say? Love the post! Happy 30th Pete! And, your new babies...the twins (iphones) are awesome. Aaron has offered to be their godfather...it's a little weird, but just know that he loves Apple just as much as you do. :-) Miss you!
Happy Birthday Peter! Congrats on your two new bundles of joy!
Post a Comment