Monday, August 16, 2010

Infestation

You all may remember our slug war from when we were living in Oxford. Thankfully we have left those suckers far behind, though I am sure they are continuing to haunt the new residents of our drafty house on Sunningwell Road.

We returned home to our little apartment here in Columbus after a whirlwind visit back home earlier in July. When we walked in the door, I had flashbacks of Oxford, immediately curled up in the fetal position and started twitching. Pete just stood in the doorway and silently wept. It was bad. We hadn't slept in like 24 hours, which may have had something to do with it. OR it was seeing these tiny dime sized beetles all over our carpet. They were dead, and they didn't leave any slimy trails, so immediately they were a step up form the slugs in my book. But still......gross.

There were 6 of them! SIX! I mean, seriously???? And to make things really creepy and twilight zone-ish. They were all facing the same direction!!!!!...... towards the kitchen. Weird. Or they were hungry. But I like to think they were under some trance, and then all died on their way to nowhere........... I just realized, I've spent way to much time thinking about this. Here's a picture to distract you from my crazy.

And yes, that's a hair that got picked up from the carpet while I was collecting the little buggers. (pun intended) Don't ever accuse me of not keeping it real. And don't worry, I vacuumed this morning. And then again this afternoon.

I tried to make them look kind of artsy by making the photo black and white. But that just made the hair stand out more.

And is that a little leg in the upper left corner? Gross. Excuse me, I'm going to vacuum again.

No comments: