Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's already March again!

Peter's birthday was on monday! Where have I been?? Coincidentally, Tay flew in on Monday, and we all know that she can be a bit of a handful, so I assume you all forgive me for the late post.

Pete turned 29 this year, which just feels incredibly old. He's already started complaining about sore muscles and nose hair. Oh the nose hair!

I spent some time creating a festive environment for the big day. I made this super cool birthday banner, which I was pretty excited about, having spent like 5 hours cutting out the letters.
Unfortunately it ceased to fully "wow" everyone else. I even showed them my calluses, but they weren't very impressed.

I laid out the spread of presents, and thought they looked mighty impressive! And who's that on the left?

Why it's Canada's own Michael Buble! You all may remember the cake from a couple years back? Well if you thought Peter was a Lionel Richie fan, you just have no idea how much he loves Michael Buble! (or as we like to refer to him: The Bub...... and yes, that's a long "u")

Just look at how excited he is!!


He just loves the Bub so much!


Because I'm a little bit late in posting, I decided to write this haiku, describing all the things I love about him. (It should be noted that I use the term haiku very loosely. It's "haiku-ish." Or: "Based on a haiku, but too lazy to actually make it follow the rules." I'm a rule breaker. It's just part of my being.) Enjoy!

You make me coffee

I still like your beardy face

Meatloaf is your favorite. (gross)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!!!

5 comments:

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Who cares what they think? I think your banner rocks! I won't send you pics of the banner I made for Andrew's bday in Jan b/c I didn't take any. That's how ashamed I was :) Love the Bub!

anne said...

For starters, you make me laugh!

The banner is stunning...we need to get you a cricut machine. This little gadget would have cut out all of those letters for you. So, please note that I am impressed! :)

Next up, Happy Belated Birthday to Peter! I think the amazingly wrapped presents made his day - the pictures clearly show this.

As for The Bub? LOVE HIM! I also love that you guys have a nick-name for him. Too cute!

Looks like you're working hard those poetry skills...nice job! :)

P.S. I would like to encourage more blog posts - I crave stories like this one!

Renae said...

You are ridiculously funny. Your witty writing gets Andrew and I laughing out loud.
Just skimmed back to about a year ago when Abe and I visited you. First, what a stinking cute little guy. Second, I don't care what you say about Oxford, it was really amazing and I cant believe its been a year since that exciting trip. Abe misses ridiculously long plane rides.

lindsaybrooke said...

are you kidding me???? that banner is SUPER wow... and this is coming from a typophile (is that a word?) I super heart letters. like chai... letters and chai... mmm. my faves.

Drew said...

The haiku wins Sam - it wins.